The Pharmacy can fill any valid prescription written by a healthcare provider licensed to practice in the United States. Our pharmacists provide individual counseling about how to take your prescription medications, any potential side effects and drug interactions. They can also help you choose the best over-the-counter (OTC) medication for your needs.top
- KU Students
- KU Faculty and Staff
- KU Retirees
- Student Spouses/Domestic Partners. The student must accompany the spouse/domestic partner on the initial visit and fill out a Spousal/Domestic Partner Guarantor form.
- Participants of KU Hosted Camps
How to Fill a Prescription
- Bring your prescription to the Pharmacy or have your healthcare provider call it in.
- Bring your insurance card if you have one.
- Pick up your prescription within seven days after you order it.
How to Refill a Prescription:
To refill a prescription that was last filled at our Pharmacy and that has valid refills remaining, you will need the name of your medication or the prescription number (see package label)
- Call in your refill. or
- Come to the Pharmacy to request a refill.
If your prescription has run out of refills, we will contact your healthcare provider for instructions. You may need to schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider to renew the prescription. Students may schedule an appointment with a provider at Student Health Services for convenience.
Prescription refills usually require one business day advance notice. Please note that the Pharmacy at Watkins Memorial Health Center hours may change due to holidays, semester breaks and the summer school session. This may affect the amount of time it takes to refill your prescription, so please plan refills accordingly.
Prescriptions from home town physicians can be transferred. If requested, pharmacy staff can call your home town pharmacy to transfer your current prescriptions to us.
- Call or come by the Pharmacy with the medication in its bottle or package. (The package label lists necessary information, including the prescription number and contact information for the other pharmacy.)
- Transferred prescriptions are usually ready in about one business day.
The Pharmacy has a selection of many over-the-counter medications. A special order can also be placed for items not in stock. Many brands of condoms are available three for fifty cents plus tax.OTC Categories
- Safe Sex
- Food and Drink
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Stomach and GI Relief
- Hand and Foot Care
- Eye, Ear, and Mouth Care
- Hair and Skin Care
- Women’s Health
- Outdoor and Itchy Skin
- Pain Relief
- Cold, Flu, and Allergies
- First Aid
- Pseudoephedrine (behind the counter)
Cash, personal checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Prescription costs can be included on monthly statements with other health center charges. Most insurance plans are accepted.top
The pharmacy is contracted with many PBMs such as Medco, Express Scripts, Caremark, Wellpoint, Prime Therapeutics, Cigna, Aetna, Humana and Prescription Solutions. Please provide your prescription plan ID card to a pharmacist staff member. The pharmacist may need to reference the BIN, Group and/or PCN numbers from your card to process your claim accurately.top
Pharmacist in Charge
To Fill a Prescription
or for Information:
Phone: (785) 864-9512
Fax: (785) 864-9516
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please Note: Hours may vary when class is not in session. Click here for the latest business hours.
24/7 Nurse Helpline: