Questions about health can come up at any time. That is why our Nurse Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at no charge. When Student Health Services (SHS) is open, call and speak with one of our registered nurses who can assist you with your medical concerns. When SHS is closed, call to speak with a health professional who will carefully listen to your concerns and give you information to help you choose the right care for your situation.
Please note that after regular business hours, the Nurse Helpline is answered by our health partner and is not staffed by SHS.
During SHS normal business hours, speak with one of our nurses who can:
- Access your health records.
- Assess and give treatment options for common illnesses, such as sore throat and urinary tract infections.
- Recommend emergency care, making an appointment with SHS or trying self-care options. This may help you avoid a trip to SHS, the ER or an urgent care facility.
When SHS is closed:
- The Nurse Helpline is available 24/7.
- Experienced health professionals can answer your health-related questions and help you decide the best course of action.
- All after-hours calls are forwarded to our health partner who has special training in medical telephone advice. They do not have access to your health records.
For severe or potentially life-threatening health emergencies, do not call the Nurse Helpline. Instead, call 911 or go to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.