Welcome to the Health Education Resource Office
The mission of the Health Education Resource Office (HERO) is to be a source for KU community wellness through partnerships that create and support innovative approaches for achieving optimal health and maximizing academic and professional success.
HERO provides education on most health topics. The following are our most requested subjects:
- Disseminate information about alcohol use and misuse
- Advocate for responsible drinking and use of protective behaviors
- Motivate and support those who use in becoming tobacco-free
- Advise others of the policy on campus regarding tobacco use
- Provide education on drugs such as stimulants, depressants, and Opioids
- Inform others of the dangers of current drug trends, especially marijuana
- Encourage safer sex practices and STI testing
- Validate the characteristics and traits of a healthy relationship
Nutrition and Weight Management
- Promote healthy eating and offer a variety of options
- Support weight management through the My Plate program and portion control education
- Suggest tips and tools for managing stress
- Share information about the importance of sleep
We offer presentations on various health topics for a variety of settings. Call (785) 864-9570 at least 2 weeks in advance to request a presentation to ensure availability of a health educator. This will also allow time to customize presentations for your specific needs.
For Information (785) 864-9570
Peer Health Education (785) 864-9574
Schedule Presentation (785) 864-9570
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Please Note: Hours may vary when class is not in session. Click here for the latest business hours.
Free Online Screening for Depression, Anxiety, and Alcohol Abuse (keyword:Jayhawk)